Mission Statement of the Essex County of Small Business Development and Affirmative Action
The Essex County Office of Small Business Development and Affirmative Action (SBDAA) mission is to ensure equal opportunity and fair play in the procurement and contracting processes of Essex County through our efforts in the following areas:
- Strategic partnerships with private sector financiers and insurers of small, woman-owned, and minority-owned businesses.
- Outreach to individuals, groups and organizations to expand our network of small, woman-owned and minority-owned businesses. Towards that end, Essex County advertises all bids on Tuesdays in The Star Ledger and on our website at Essex County Purchasing Portal.
- Technical assistance to help business owners gain necessary certifications, financing, and bonding.
- Collaborative partnerships with groups and organizations that share the County’s commitment to equal opportunity.
- Partnering with the Economic Development Corporation of Essex County to further our commitment to expanding contracting opportunities to small, woman, and minority-owned businesses.